What is DropCam Pro?
DropCam Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Security Camera ensures your family's safety even when you are far away. It takes less than a minute to set up the device, and then you can get a high-definition video feed over your Wi-Fi. The device comes with an aluminum mount and is easy to set-up.
DropCam Pro focuses on consumers' ease and convenience. The connection is secure with bank-level encryption, making it difficult to hack the system. You can set it up in any part of your home or office and keep a watch. You can also pair it with Cloud Video Recording (CVR) and watch recorded footage on any device of your choice. This feature is optional, and you can unsubscribe whenever you want to. The motion sensors detect movement and highlight it on the timeline, making it easier for you to go through your recording without being worried about wasting a lot of time going through the inactive parts of the footage.
DropCam helps you put your mind at ease by being an efficient monitoring system. The device, equipped with Night Vision, HD video, Two Way Talk, and Digital Zoom, makes it the perfect baby monitoring system for your house. The wide-angle lens and digital zoom allow the parents to keep an eye on every corner of the baby's room. The Two Way Talk enables the parent to comfort their child when they are distressed. The device comes with the Nest Protect that sends alerts to your phone when a safety event occurs. DropCam's night vision, motion, and sound detection systems, considered to be the best, work exceptionally well. DropCam allows you to put your mind at rest by providing you with HD video footage and motion and sound alerts wherever you are.
●DropCam works on the home Wi-Fi system over a very secure connection with bank-level encryption. So you can be assured about the safety of the device. It uses high-speed internet to provide you with live footage.
● It comes with an aluminum mount and a long, thick micro USB cable, making it easy to set up and durable. The USB cable can be used either for set-up or power. The device boasts of a 60-second set-up. Users can set up using their computer, android, or iOS systems, making it very convenient for them.
● It uses 5 volts of energy, which is reasonable considering the video quality and the footage's clarity.
● It weighs 5.4 ounces, so it will not put much pressure on the wall or the mount.
● The video footage is of good if not excellent quality. The device captures 720p high-display video footage, which ensures clarity. It captures video at 30 frames per second.
● DropCam set-up is quite easy. The micro USB cable is used for installation using the PC, and Bluetooth is used for setting up with a phone. The set-up instructions are clear and easy, and the camera will start functioning fully in less than an hour.
● DropCam is owned by Google, which makes it a reliable brand. Along with Nest Protect, the device automatically turns on and records footage whenever a safety event occurs. You can check the recording later on your cloud, even if you have not subscribed to CVR. It also sends alerts to your phones. However, the alerts might be sent hours after the event has occurred.
● The Scheduling feature allows you to set your alerts based on the time or your location, according to your convenience.
● The camera is not water-resistant, although it uses high-quality parts and has excellent monitoring features for the consumers' ease.
● The camera gets very warm because it provides a high-resolution feed, which is a bit alarming.
● The device cannot pan or tilt. It comes with an aluminum mount. However, the camera covers a large area, and the absence of pan and tilt becomes a minor issue.
The DropCam Pro is undoubtedly an excellent monitoring system. With its secure connection and clear video footage, it also provides zoom and infrared night vision, which are of excellent quality. It allows you to view your baby's room better and puts your mind at ease. The set-up is easy and effortless. The device is durable and provides motion and sound alerts as well.
It would be an excellent baby monitor. You can add more cameras to the system. You can talk to your child through the device and make them feel more comfortable. You can even monitor your pets and other parts of your house with this device. The cons of the device are few and minor. The lagging and heating up can be inconvenient, but it is currently one of the best monitoring products available in the market. If you are not hesitant to spend some money on your baby monitoring system, this is the device you should opt for. The CVR feature is a bit expensive, but it is optional to unsubscribe and use it as a regular baby monitoring camera.There can be some interference due to other devices, but DropCam works well in general.
1. Does DropCam require CVR to view and save videos?
DropCam does not require CVR if you want to view the Livestream. It is required only when you want recorded footage.
2. Do you get alerts without CVR service?
Yes, you receive security alerts on your phone, even if you have not subscribed to CVR. However, you may receive security alerts after more than an hour after the event.
3. Can it be used for outdoor security purposes?
No, DropCam is not waterproof. Moreover, the Wi-Fi signal may be weaker outside. Therefore, it is not ideal for outdoor use.
4. Can you use multiple cameras from one account and view the feed at the same time?
Yes, you can use multiple cameras using one account and view the feed on one screen at the same time.
It would be a great baby monitoring system that provides you high-quality feed and zooms in on every corner of the room. It also provides you with an option to record the footage, which is an added advantage. It is a quality product that aims at making you feel safe and in control of your children's safety even when you are away from them.